AERIE Fund – Good Works Through Gaming
Welcome to AERIE Fund. I’m so glad you’re here. We’ve got a lot of work to. Lives to change. Communities to lift. Causes to promote. Are you ready to strap in?
Good. Let me fill you in on how things work around here, Recruit. We work together. We shoot for the Completionist achievement. We get ‘er done. No negativity.
Our mission? We help our buddies. We leave no person behind. We show the world that gamers can do magnificent things when we band together. We fight the forces of evil. We grind for a purpose. We poke our guildmates to get involved. We stand up for what’s right. We don’t look the other way when the dragons appear. We jump headfirst into the volcano.
OK, so maybe you won’t have to jump into a volcano. We can negotiate on that. But, I need you engaged, Fellow Gamers. Push pause and stay with me for a moment.
For far too long gamers have been both underserved and underserving. Underserved by the lack of resources and entities focused on bettering the gaming lifestyle. Underserving, because we often play in our bubbles and don’t commit to improving the human condition like other hobbyists do. Spoiler alert: gaming is considered a ‘low social impact’ activity. *gasp*
But, hey, its not our fault. Shouldn’t it be up to gaming developers to incorporate a little – oh, I don’t know – ‘click this to support that tech’ in their products? Yes. And, I do think the future of games will incorporate more and more charitable offerings. It just makes good business sense on a lot of different levels. But, for now…we’re outta luck.
Sooooo…what do we do in the meantime? How do we save the world, better society, and create our own Brave New World? I wanna play games, darnit.
I hear you. So do I. But what if I told you there is another way. What if you could play the games you love, support universal goodness, and help fellow gamers-in-need beat the odds? I see that look on your face. I know, it sounds like a lot of work. A lot of time. Maybe sunlight. Energy. Precious energy.
You’re right doing good works is never easy, but its more rewarding than popping the head off a level 100 Lich King (which is pretty freaking rewarding). But, that’s what the AERIE Fund is for. We got your back, but we need you to get ours. We want to flip the script on gaming’s bad wrap. We want to show the world what gamers can do (when we’re engaged and organized).
Our main focus is helping gamers overcome catastrophic hardships. We like to call it: doing good works through gaming. What does this mean? Simply put: we identify fellow gamers who are in need of a hand up, we create a cooperative, community-focused plan of action to get them the support they need, and we execute until our goal is met. See? Simple. We take care of our own. You follow us, we tell you what needs to happen next. You don’t even have to think about it. Just act. Critical strike every time.
You said ‘act’ what does that mean?
Very observant, Fellow Gamer. You’re right. Act is short for action and that means we need you to do something to help. It varies, depending on the initiative. Join us for a telethon, share a tweet, kick in a few bucks, maybe enter a contest and win some loot – you never know! That’s what makes AERIE (Fun)d…see what I did there?
Let me clarify a few things:
Here’s what we do:
- We provide funds and fundraising for vetted gamers experiencing a catastrophic hardship (financial, medical, and natural disaster).
- We promote awareness and raise funds for other 501c3 organizations centered around issues gamers care about (i.e., cyber-bullying).
- We work with developers and gaming communities to build fun, inclusive and cause-centered gaming experiences.
- We promote social interaction and activism to bring awareness to compelling (and important) causes that directly impact gamer lives.
Thanks for the commercial break. Now, let’s get back to you and your fiery, unfettered desire to change the planet!
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Follow us on social media, subscribe to our newsletter, and share our mission with your friends, families, and gaming communities.
- Support us financially – every bit helps as we lift off the ground. All your gifts are 100% tax deductible – WOOT.
- Participate in our in-game / out-of-game events – our goal is to make gaming activism FUN and REWARDING. Check the calendar to see what we’re up to.
- Apply for assistance if you need help from AERIE Fund. We’re here for you. Seriouisly.
So, yeah, we’re thrilled to offer support to gamers in need. And, we’re totally stoked you’ve visited our site and maybe, possibly, (definitely) will get involved with our organization. We believe that doing ‘good works through gaming’ is the next step in the evolution of the gaming lifestyle. Our demographic has long needed an organized voice and structure to lend a helping hand to those who need it most in our many, vibrant communities. Together, we can make a real difference (awwwww….).
- Avatar In Need – Hurricane Harvey Relief - September 16, 2017
- Extra Life: Virtue Vs. Chaos Charity Stream Event - September 14, 2017
- Lunch w/Laz and Jack – AERIE Fund Edition - September 13, 2017
- Think Pink – Community Cause – October 2017 - August 31, 2017
- AERIE Fund Receives the Royal Warrant! - July 10, 2017
- Just 1 Life – 48 Hour Streamathon – Results and Recap - June 26, 2017
- Just 1 Life – Community Cause – Prism’s Fishing Derby! - June 3, 2017
- Just 1 Life – Community Cause – Streamer Support Package - May 31, 2017
- Just 1 Life – Community Cause – LGBTQ Suicide Prevention - May 31, 2017
- Just 1 Life – SoTA Community Cause – Artwork Contest - May 19, 2017