Just 1 Life – SoTA Community Cause – Artwork Contest
We’re super excited to announce our 1st AERIE Fund Community Cause Campaign: Just 1 Life in the Shroud of the Avatar Community!
What are AERIE Fund Community Causes?
As part of our Good Works Through Gaming Initiative, AERIE Fund Community Causes spotlight important issues that directly impact our community. Also, they showcase the players, towns, and guilds that feel passionately (or are impacted by) these issues.
The goal of this program is to 1) support a good cause, 2) learn more about important issues that impact our friends and neighbors, and 3) strengthen our community by interacting with the people we play with everyday who are passionate about playing for a cause.
Oh, and 4) make it FUN and REWARDING to get involved and make a difference!
Starting on June 1st, we will be running a month-long campaign to create awareness around the issue of LGBTQ youth suicide prevention in the Shroud of the Avatar MMORPG. This campaign will highlight the importance of the issue, raise funds to support the TREVOR Project (a fellow 501c3 non-profit we’ve vetted that does amazing work in preventing teen suicide in the LGBTQ community), and provide you with fun in-game events and digital/physical rewards for getting involved in helping us make a difference in this area.
As part of this initiative, we will be spotlighting the Prism guild. Prism is an all-inclusive guild with many LGBTQ members that believe in community service both in-game and out. Lace Delamorte and her crew are already hard at work helping us build a fun and rewarding player experience for those who get involved.
And, for any of you who know Lace, you know she’ll knock it out of the park.
We will have a formal announcement on June 1st to kick-off this Community Cause campaign, including how to support the cause, a calendar of events, stretch goals and, of course, awesome rewards. So, stay tuned for that, and if you haven’t already, follow us on social media and/or sign up for the newsletter We’ll keep you posted on what’s going on.
AERIE Fund Community Cause: ‘Just 1 Life’ Artwork Contest
AERIE Fund Community Causes should be…well…community-driven. As part of that philosophy, we’re kicking off this event with a community art contest for Shroud of the Avatar players! We’re looking for an original piece of work that will be printed on limited-edition posters and t-shirt reward to memorialize this event.
Submission Deadline: May 31st (midnight)
Theme: Just 1 Life – If we work together and save ‘Just 1 Life’ (e.g. via suicide prevention) than we’ve accomplished our mission to do good works through gaming. Feel free to conceptualize this theme however you choose, and it does not have to be SoTA-specific/Aerie Fund-specific for consideration.
- High resolution, color (or black and white) digital submissions required. FYI – Collectible posters will be 11’ X 17’ so set your resolution accordingly.
- Entries should be posted on this thread for consideration(link) by the deadline above.
- You may use the AERIE Fund logo and/or tagline ‘Good Works Through Gaming’ for the work but please do not incorporate other company/organization/IP trademarks: names, logos, or taglines. This includes SoTA. We’re not licensed to use other intellectual property.
- The AERIE Fund will post our top 3 picks for the winner and create a poll for the community to select the winner on June 1st.
- The winner will receive a complimentary collectible poster of their work and a t-shirt that showcases their work and commemorates the Community Cause.
- The work must be ‘original’ as in created by using your own assets or royalty-free assets.
So there you go, Avatars! Let’s get those creative juices flowing. If you have any questions about the contest, the ‘Just 1 Life’ Community Cause, or anything related to AERIE Fund, please do contact us. Remember, our formal announcement for the ‘Just 1 Life’ Community Cause, including the artwork contest winner will be posted on June 1st. So, watch this space and let’s get ready to do some more good works through gaming!
And, as always, if you need assistance, know somebody in our community who does, and/or have an idea for an upcoming Community Cause, please reach out to us!
- Avatar In Need – Hurricane Harvey Relief - September 16, 2017
- Extra Life: Virtue Vs. Chaos Charity Stream Event - September 14, 2017
- Lunch w/Laz and Jack – AERIE Fund Edition - September 13, 2017
- Think Pink – Community Cause – October 2017 - August 31, 2017
- AERIE Fund Receives the Royal Warrant! - July 10, 2017
- Just 1 Life – 48 Hour Streamathon – Results and Recap - June 26, 2017
- Just 1 Life – Community Cause – Prism’s Fishing Derby! - June 3, 2017
- Just 1 Life – Community Cause – Streamer Support Package - May 31, 2017
- Just 1 Life – Community Cause – LGBTQ Suicide Prevention - May 31, 2017
- Just 1 Life – SoTA Community Cause – Artwork Contest - May 19, 2017